Saturday, 7 August 2010

Two bullet riddled bodies of Baloch missing persons recovered from Quetta

Open in new window
Occupied Balochistan,QUETTA:Police have recovered two bullet riddled bodies of “Baloch missing persons” Friday from Brewery Road of Quetta, the capital of Balochistan. They have been identified as Bahar Khan Bangulzai and Ghaulam Qadir Marri and were allegedly kidnapped by government agencies from Sariab area of the city.

Previously unknown organization, Sipah Showda-e-Balochistan claimed responsibility for the murdering Baloch youth.

Official sources said that area people informed the police that two dead bodies were lying in Killi Lehriabad within the jurisdiction of Brewery police station. On getting information, a police party reached to the area and shifted the bodies to Bolan Medical Complex Hospital for carrying out a postmortem.

Sources said that the dead bodies were thrown by unknown people in the open area of Brewery and investigations were being made in this connection.

A doctor requesting anonymity said that the victims were brutally killed by hitting bullets on their heads and there were several marks of torture on their bodies and faces.

Baigh Muhammad, father of deceased Bahar Khan after receiving body of his son said that his son was allegedly abducted by government agencies from the Mir Ghai Khan Chowk. “He was a shopkeeper and the sole bread earner of the family,” he said, and added that he was an innocent person and had never involved in any unlawful activity. “We had registered a FIR and his case was under trail in the court but we were not provided justice”, he regretted.

The other deceased has been identified as Ghulam Qadir Marri was also kidnapped from Sariab.

An organization Sipah Showda-e-Balochistan accepted responsibility for the killing of both persons and appealed Balochs to remain away from Baloch Liberation Army, Baloch Liberation Front and other Baloch resistance groups.

Spokesman of Sipah Showda-e-Balochistan, Abdul Baloch calling from unspecified location warned that elements involved in the killing of innocent Muslims and working for their foreign forces would be attacked.

It is worth mentioning here that two dead bodies of missing persons identified as Ashfaq Ahmed Mullahzai and Muhammad Farooq Mengal were also recovered from Quetta in the last week of July and Balochistan High Court had taken serious notice of murder of both persons.

Nasrullah Baloch, Chairman of Vice for Baloch Missing Persons(VBMP) has strongly condemned the killing of Bahar Khan Bangulzai, saying FIR of his abduction was registered against government agencies and a petition was also submitted in Balochistan High Court.

He said that he was allegedly picked up by government agencies from Gahi Khan Chowk in the presence of his father and brother and VBMP was protesting and making efforts for his recovery. “We have received six dead bodies of missing persons within a short span of two weeks and the issue of missing persons is getting a new dimension and they are being killed”, he added.

VBMP chairman said that there were marks of torture on his face and his nose was chopped off with an instrument and bullets were hit on his head.

He alleged that judiciary of the country was not taking the case of missing persons from Balochistan seriously and feared that all missing persons would be killed if this issue was not given proper attention.

He appealed the United Nations and other humanitarian organizations for playing their role for recovery of missing persons.

1 comment: